Friday, August 10, 2007

Civil War Magazines

I've watched the blog discussions over editing and ownership shifts of a couple of Civil War magazines during the past week with a great deal of interest and very little expertise. I don't see it as my place to weigh in on changes good or bad, but the discussion has prompted a question: which is the best Civil War magazine, in the opinions of my readers? (both of you)

I realize each has a different focus and to some extent a different audience, but which one is the best publication? Why do I ask, you ask? For a couple of reasons. First, I'm curious what you think. Second, while I don't intend to subscribe to all of them, I do plan to subscribe to one or two in the near future. It's both more economically sound and a great deal less frustrating than trying to find them in the local bookstores since my return to the mountains (I'm still looking for that September 07 N&S issue, is it out in stores yet?).

So, what do you think?

No comments: