Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Early Arrival

My sincere apologies for the continued lack of posts, but I have a pretty good excuse this time. My son decided to arrive yesterday, a few weeks early. Connor Anthony weighed 5# 3 oz., and was 18.5" long. So there may eventually be another generation of cavalrymen in the family if he so desires. Mom and baby are both fine, but needless to say there hasn't been a lot of keyboard time. I'll try to get a post out by the weekend, as there have been several posts brewing during the hiatus.

So that this doesn't stray completely off topic, Connor's birthday is the same day that Cumberland Gap was captured by Union forces under General George W. Morgan in 1862. It was also the day in 1864 when Grant conceded he was not going to be able to take Petersburg by direct assault. Had I made it home before midnight I would have been able to see which Civil War types he shares a birthday with.

Now, if I could only find the box with the camera download cable in it....

1 comment:

Brian Downey said...

Congratulations, Dad. Happy birthday Connor. I hope for you both that there will be no further combat opportunities for Cavalrymen ... :)